Sep 15, 2016

SEXY SCENTS | FALL TO WINTER 2016


I love the transition from summer to autumn. I literally start counting down the days from January 1st, onward! And I tend to embrace the change fully-- everything from wardrobe to hair to makeup--I change it all.

 Fragrances in my book are no different. During the warm spring and summer months I lean toward lighter, tropical smells. Whilst in the cooler, darker months I reach for scents that are a bit muskier and sultry. But I like to make the transition....well, transitional....so I've picked up a few new scents to easily transport me (smell-wise at least) from an island vibe to a cozier one. These are what I'm currently loving: 




I have recently fallen in love with perfume oils. I'd always been slightly intimidated by them for some unknown reason but I am really glad that I've gotten past that and into the world of the living! They're amazing. What I like best about them {for those of you who aren't familiar with oils either} is that they provide a much earthier, more concentrated scent that you apply only at your pulse points. So the effect is still delicious...but the scent stays closer to the skin, making it more subtle. It's an attribute about oils that I find really flirty... 


My current favorites are Pikake Lei by Kuumba MADE {which I picked up at Mother's} and Kauai Orchid by Leahlani {available at Urban Outfitter's} They're both light and flowery but not super sweet. That is why I particularly like the Pikake Lei....it sorta smells like Jasmine....at night....after it's rained ;) lol. {That's the most accurate description I can give you....} And at under $15 it's great staple to have for the end of summer. 


Then there's the Pistachio Brulee perfume that I picked up {also UO} and it transitions perfectly into the cooler weather that I'm eagerly awaiting. It's still sweet and light but with a lot of warm notes. The only way I can describe it as is "cuddly". It's a blend of vanilla milk, mousse, and pistachios {obviously} and it's heavenly. I highly recommend. 


Another scent that I picked up from Urban Outfitters is Fleur Monoi Hair and Body Mist. It's a blend of gardenia and coconut that is light and sweet. I love how the coconut really offsets the floral-ly gardenia tone. And I love that it's unobtrusive enough to be used on both the body and the hair. 


And finally (from Urban Outfitters at least) Tiger's Eye is de-lish.... Getting into the winter months this unique blend of sandalwood, moss and suede is sultry and sexy and fits in perfectly with the "darker" time of year. It's equal parts masculine and feminine, which is a balance that I really like in a perfume. It goes on a little strong at first but once it sets on the skin it's absolutely divine!! This one is definitely one of my new favs. 


And just to round out the list..... I'm addicted to Pacifica roll-on perfumes. When you order online there are some pretty sweet trios that they sell together of all of their top-rated fragrances, but if you are less patient and want it right away, you can pick them up in your local health food store. {Sprout's, Mother's Market, and Whole Foods} They have a ton of scents to choose from and at only $12.00 a piece they're a steal. {Plus I really like having roll-ons on hand to stuff in my purse for quick touch-ups while i'm out} 

❤︎,
WHAT FRAGRANCES DO YOU LADIES LOVE? DO YOU LIKE TO SWITCH IT UP OR DO YOU HAVE A TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITE? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts: