Aug 15, 2016

DIY Jewelry Storage


I can't believe a month has gotten away from me! But I am so excited to finally get around to making another post because today I want to share a recent DIY project I did for the home. 

I have been on the hunt for the right jewelry storage for some time now and haven't been able to locate one that really fit the vibe of my bedroom. I found plenty that I thought were cute, sure, but not being a big fan of surface areas being littered by things, I found that a wall mounting of some sort would suit me best. Apart from using a coat rack I was at a loss. That was until I stumbled upon some old corkboards I'd had for hanging pictures in a box (yes I still have unpacked boxes from February's move...don't judge me) And since they were falling apart and going to be thrown out, I decided to get a little crafty and see if I could manuever them into my ideal hanging jewelry organizer. 

And i'm happy to say that it worked great! 


Like I said....they were in pretty bad shape when I unearthed them from their box home....but with my handy box cutter and some nails I was able to make them serve a much better (and much needed) purpose. 
I started off by cutting about an inch and a half off of the very tops since I didn't want the storage to be massive....squares were too boring and since I wanted it to fit with the rest of my budding southwestern theme I decided to go with triangular shapes instead (....soooo much more Native American ;)





What I liked the most about this little craft project was that it left me with a lot of really cute options so, if in the future i'm bored with the arrangement and want to switch it up, I totally can. (you can tell my wheels are already spinning can't you?) 
In the end I really liked a more simple set up and chose to hang them in a straight line. (My wall looked cramped with all 4 so I dropped one for the final look)
I picked up some picture mounts from the dollar store and simply nailed them to the wall. The cork boards come with adhesives but they suck... and i don't care about poking holes in my apartment walls. The circle hooks (...whatever those are actually meant for...) worked perfectly for looping my necklaces through. So it was an added bonus. 
Seriously, this project was so quick and easy-- I was finished within a half hour (including vacuuming up the cork board confetti that had gone all over my living room) And since the boards are less than $10 at Michael's (and the nails were practically free) this made for a really fun and cheap solution to my jumbled up jewelry mess that I'd had going on for months on end. 

I'm totally happy with it! 

Do you guys have any cork board inspiration? What have you been able to turn them into to help decorate or organize your house? I'd love to see your ideas!....'Cuz I think I'm on a cork board kick ;) 

Happy Crafting ladies! 
❤︎.



No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts: