Jan 10, 2016

.>> OH HEEYYYYY, COACHELLA… <<.

It's honestly equal parts fear and excitement with this whole pre-sale Coachella-business. Because you never know….you could purchase your tickets way back in May only to find out come January that not only are you NOT excited— you are reading a list of every musical act you'd hoped you'd never see. Like….ever. 



It's super stressful…

And I'm the kind of person where I stay hopelessly optimistic; as if Coachella somehow knows that I really shouldn't be spending this extra $1,000 on tickets to a concert where I have no clue who's playing…and so, in a show of good faith, they've hand-selected all of my favorite bands (and possibly Britney Spears) to headline the event! When the announcement is made and this isn't the case it's like, "wow Coachella…"


Luckily, this year's line-up didn't disappoint. That's not to say that any of my favorite bands in the world are playing— they're definitely not— but there are a lot of smaller sets that I'm eager to see this year. And it will honestly be a welcomed change of pace from the usual running around we do to see every headliner at the same time, at different stages, on opposite sides of the grounds. This way we can maybe actually ENJOY the show.

 I mean, as fun as Coachella is, it's already like being on the Oregon Trail; you sit, covered in dust for 3 days in 100 degree weather; malnourished, dehydrated (and probably dying of Yellow Fever…) WHY ON EARTH would you want to adhere to a schedule on top of that? Plus when there's a bunch of headliners in one year, you never get to enjoy full sets unless you're okay with missing out on someone else. And if you try and jam all of the sets into a day you can find yourself just getting into something like Father John Misty when one of your @sshole friends tells you it's time to go head on over to Scrillex….. LIKE: 


And even if you do decide to play nice and share headliners with people in the group, you're undoubtedly leaving one impossible mass of people for one that's worse….and let's hope it's not the ONLY set that you were looking forward to seeing that year. Otherwise, hauling ass over to their stage to find that you'd literally need a hovercraft in order to see anything is just like…..


So while I'm excited to see Calvin Harris again this year, he's about the only headliner I'll camp out for. Everyone else I'm going to wing it with. And hope that they're all playing before 8pm or are over in the Do' Lab…..aka: "the Better Tinier Coachella" 

My picks for 2016:

Friday: Of Monsters and Men, Robert Delong, and Bob Moses are going to be my squad goals. I've seen Ellie, but I ain't got nothing but love for her so I'll definitely be watching her again. 

Saturday: Grimes and Bat for Lashes are must-sees. As are ZHU, Disclosure, and RUFUS DU SOL. And I don't know about you guys but I'm all about being front row for Ice Cube and A$AP Rocky! 

Sunday: Always my favorite day in terms of line-up…here i'll see more of the main headliners gladly. We covered Calvin…SIA ! is a huge one for me this year (I adore her), Flume, Beach House, Major Lazer, and Cold War Kids!! (<< who I haven't seen since they used to play small LA venues back in 2005, I am so excited to see them at such a ginormous venue!) The Heavy, Claptone, Joywave, and Thomas Jack are going to be amazing also! There is going to be such good house music, for anyone who's into that… 

Does anyone else go to Coachella? Who are you most excited to see this year? And what did you think of the 2016 line-up? 

❤︎ b.



1 comment:

  1. THE OREGON TRAIL.... I LOVE THAT METAPHOR.

    AS USUAL WHAT A FANTASTIC POST THIS WAS.

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts: